In a Facebook photo album, you may have uploaded photos non-chronologically. To sort the photos by date-taken afterwards, here are the steps:
- Go to your profile. Click Photos and then Albums to go to your photo albums.
- Click the album you want to edit.
- Add a contributor to your album. There is an option to do so under the title of your album. The only way you can sort your photos by date taken, is if you have at least one other contributor added to the album, it can be any of your friends. This is a bug in Facebook and this bug has been there for years now.
- Then there is a little gear icon to the upper right corner of the album, click it.
- From the gear icon select “Change Ordering”:
Select the option “Order by when the photos were taken”
- Done. Now all the photos should be sorted chronologically based on the date and time the photos or videos were taken. The date and time information is usually stored in the EXIF data within the JPEG files and Facebook keeps this information so it is able to sort the photos in this way.